Thursday, April 30, 2009

3 months have come and gone

Oh my dear, sweet, sweet boy. I look at the calendar and 3 months have quickly gone. Is this how it's going to be? Am I going to blink and find you walking? Will I wake up one morning to find you heading off to catch the bus? I am absolutely floored that you are over a quarter of the way through your first year.

These first three months of your life have been a blur. Finally catching up on some sleep, I am able to gather my thoughts on "paper" about you at this age. Let me tell you a little bit about yourself at age 3 months.

You are generally a calm and content baby. You wake up happy in the morning - letting me know you are awake by grunting and cooing. Immediately you want to eat, and let me tell you I can never get that milk ready fast enough! But, that is no surprise given you are sleeping almost 12 hours most nights. Every now and then you wake up at 4am to eat or play, but more often than not you will sleep until 6 or 7am. Lately you have been sleeping later than your big sister who has decided that her day should begin at 6am.

You eat well throughout the day, probably about 5 or 6 times. After eating you will often play on the floor, get carted around to your sisters activities, watch her and her friends from your bouncy chair, coo and try to join in the conversation - but for the most part you just observe. About an hour and a half to two hours after eating you will decide to close your eyes for awhile, often falling asleep in your bouncy chair.

You love to fall asleep looking at me, and with something soft pressed up against your cheek. Since you started sleeping through the night I haven't put as much of an emphasis on you napping in your crib. I know I should, but you sleep well in your bouncy chair near by and that way you can have a blankie up close. I don't feel comfortable leaving one near your face with you in your room where I can't see you. One of these days we'll make the transition but for now this is working for both of us.

You say "Ahhh and Ah goo", and love to kick blankets off your legs as a game. You love when your sister hugs and kisses you and you love to have your head rubbed. You are as sweet as they come.

You rarely cry. When you have an upset tummy, when you are hungry and when you have to put clothes on you tend to get pretty upset...but outside of those times you are content.

You like to smile (and you have a great smile by the way), but primarily at faces you know. You are a little leary of strangers. I have a hunch that you are going to be someone who is more quiet in groups and around strangers, but opens up with those who are close to you.

You are a big guy! You are both long and healthy - I look forward to your next check-up in a few weeks to see how you measure. My back and shoulders are very sore from carrying you! But despite that I will cuddle you all that I can.

Your hair is strawberry blonde - more strawberry than blonde. You have lost most of it, and slowly some new hair is coming in. A little lighter than what you were born with, but not much. I think that if it ever were long like your sisters it would be wavy - it seems to have the texture of curly hair. Your eyes are navy blue but turning brown near the pupils - it's still a mystery as to what color they will become. Your eyelashes are long and to die for.

Between your father, your sister and I, you have gained many nicknames. You are called Mr. Man, Mr. Magoo, Magoo, Buddy Boy, and more.

But most of all, you are loved. You are so loved and so treasured by all three of us (and more). It's a joy to watch you grow.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Great post and picture Christa! I'm glad to hear he's got his sleeping down pat and he's enjoying his days too. He'll never get bored with such an active big sis around. Hope you all are well and look forward to seeing you soon!