Monday, June 15, 2009

on a roll


"There was one in the bed and the little one said roll over...roll over..."

We're on a roll around here. Late last week when placed on his tummy, Emmett propped himself up on his arms and rolled over! He has demonstrated this trick a few times for us, but never when the video camera is rolling. Perhaps we'll catch it in the days to come! Emmett is also rolling from side to side when laying on his back, often in an attempt to get a better view of his big sis.

What else has been going on around here? Well, summer is in full swing. Anna attends Summer Camp once a week (sometimes twice) and she is enjoying it immensely. On those days Emmett and I enjoy some quiet and some special time just the two of us. We run errands or more often than not, just relax and play around the house. On the other free days during the week the 3 of us attend storytime, play with friends, spend time outside on the swingset, and soak up all that summer has to offer.

Steve and I have also recently joined gyms...he is working out over his lunch hour, and I have started Pilates and cardio classes that are working muscles I never knew I had. Both of us are loving it!

While we are working to shed some weight, our little ones are gaining and growing right under our noses. Emmett is difficult to carry for long periods of time...I can barely carry him in his carseat anymore! Anna is growing taller, outgrowing many of her clothes rapidly! (Either that or I am shrinking them in the wash...another very likely possibility). And while Emmett works on physical feats like rolling over and sitting up, Anna is concentrating on social developments - her vocabulary expanding every day, and her ability and desire to interact with other children increasing rapidly.

Just the other day she told the neighbor: "I'll see you outside at some point Mary". Who is this grown up and where did my 2 and half yr old go??

There's not a day that goes by when I don't laugh at one of her antics, or smile at Emmett's sweetness. Life is good...we're on a roll.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Christa! Thanks for your note...I love keeping up with you all through your fun blog---you do such a great job! Keep in touch!
-Molly

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful update!! It sounds like all of you are doing very well. I couldn't be more happy for all of you. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

Love, Granka