For the first time I found myself timid about flying, wondering how in the world I was going to fly across the ocean in another 4 months when we go to visit my father & Penny - when a one hour flight to Chicago felt strange. There's just so much more at stake now...namely, two precious lives who depend so heavily on ours.
But, we made it...and it was a much needed and enjoyable break. We soaked up the opportunity to walk around the city, to shop down Michigan Avenue, eat at my favorite Italian spot "Volare", have drinks with friends, wake up early and grab a coffee or sleep in, enjoy the extravagance of our hotel, and rub elbows with celebrities.
While I don't have a picture of Steve and I from the weekend, I do however have pictures of my encounter with the Jonas Brothers in the lobby of our hotel. I walked out of the hotel early Saturday morning to see this:
SUVs, Limos, and a bus - and lots (and lots) of very excited pre-teen and teenage girls. Returning from my coffee run there were even more giggling girls waiting and so I thought I would find out what the fuss was about. The Jonas Brothers...in town the night before for their concert and apparently all of these ladies found out they were staying at our hotel. So, in I walked to the lobby and waited for awhile getting swept up into the celebrity drama.
Worth the wait? I don't know...but it was pretty funny! I did get to see them exit the hotel, along with their large entourage, their enormous body guard, and even managed to get a picture or 2.
I'm pretty sure my husband thought I was nuts when I finally made it back to the room. :) And no, I have no idea which of the Jonas Brothers I have my picture with.
It was a wonderful weekend - and the smiles and hugs from Anna & Emmett upon our return made our time away that much sweeter.
2 comments:
Glad you had a fun time in Chicago.... Who the heck are the Jonas brothers?
Dad
Hilarious about the Jonas brothers. You'll have to figure out which one it was...I don't know either, but my 15 year old niece that I'll see this weekend would FLIP! She is in love with them! Glad you had a nice trip!
Post a Comment