Friday, December 11, 2009

on the move...

The joy of movement. It's so fun to see all that we take for granted through the eyes of a little one who is experiencing them for the first time. Cabinet drawers, cupboards, curtains, electrical plugs and outlets...these are all things to open, shut, pull, suck on, climb on and more. What happens if I pull this? What happens when I put my finger here? What does this taste like?

Everything is new again...and it's all different as we watch it through the eyes of our little boy.

Emmett remains a happy little man. He greets each new day with a smile, and with a cheery "dada" or "mama" when he sees one or the other of us coming to get him. He giggles at his sister and the two of them play together fabulously - Anna constantly entertains him with her singing, playing hide and seek with him, or by finding new things to introduce him to.

He eats like a champ, enjoying new finger foods daily. I've lost count of all the things he has tasted, and yet there hasn't been one he has refused to eat. Perhaps one of the reasons why he continues to outgrow clothes faster than I can buy them.

Emmett's personality continues to emerge - he has a happy disposition, and is very easy to please. He likes to play "catch", he dances when there is music or he hears his sister singing. He babbles to us and to himself, and he loves to explore. Turn your back for just 30 seconds and you'll find he is nowhere near where you last left him.

Emmett accompanies me throughout the week on preschool dropoffs, trips to the gym, errand running and more. At the gym he looks up to all the older boys and watches them very intently. I would love to know what is going through his little brain on those days. It's so cute to watch.

Soon this little man will be one. I can hardly believe a year has passed since his arrival and I cannot think of his upcoming birthday without getting a little weepy. Sweet sweet Emmett, we love you so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How amazing to watch the growth and development of this big boy! Just a month ago he was mostly content to sit in one spot and twirl around to find things...now he's all over the house.
Love the video! We look forward to seeing all of you soon. Who knows - he may be walking by then!
Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Nice update on the not so little guy... fun to see. Can't wait to get back to see him again. Cute video...

Love, Granka