Thursday, January 28, 2010

the joys of preschool

The preschool days are so precious...I love Anna's preschool for so many reasons, but mostly because she loves it so. She looks forward to going every school day and on the days she is not there she is counting the hours or days until she can return. She's learning her letters, how to write her name, the seasons, the calendar, the days of the week, all about Jesus and so much more.

I suppose the following would fall into the "so much more" category:

Driving in the car the other day I was talking to Anna asking her something and mid-sentence I was interrupted with:
"Zip it, lock it and put it in your pocket, mom! Emmett is trying to sleep!"

Really? Where did you learn that Anna? "Preschool...Miss Debbie says it when we walk down the hall". While that makes sense, who knew she could apply it in such a sassy fashion!

This week is "pet month" and they are learning ALL about animals. This is probably the MOST excited I have seen Anna about a new set-up in class. She told me over and over again how they did emergency pet surgery on one of the puppies but that he was ok. She went into great detail over how "Ella had to call 6-9-1-1" because it was such an emergency. Oh, the imagination!

Today in the car Anna told me:
"Mommy, I am going to get some ants to have for a pet"
Me: "Ants? Ants aren't really pets Anna"
Anna: "Well then I could maybe get a kitty or a puppy or something"
Me: "Well, I don't know about that Anna...your dad is allergic to kitties and puppies"
Anna: "But I'm not lergic"
Me: "I know, but daddy is and to be honest I don't really like animals in the house" (sorry pet lovers!!!)
Anna: "But Ella has a puppy in her house...and he bit her toy puppy. I could get a puppy."
Me: "Maybe a fish would be a good pet Anna!"
Anna: "I could get a puppy mommy"
....and then I changed the subject. Oh, I may rejoice when we are past "pets" and knee deep in candy hearts and valentines!

1 comment:

PATRICK said...

I crack-up at all of these...what a little stinker! She is quite the smarty pants, you are in for a dose of your own medicine...reminds me of you when we were little.

:P
Uncle P