Monday, February 22, 2010

winter getaway


Thanks to a wonderful husband, a loving set of grandparents and a great group of friends I was able to enjoy a nice winter getaway earlier this month. Valentine's Day weekend a group of 3 of my girlfriends from college and I headed for an extended weekend in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Having booked the trip back before Halloween, all of us were looking forward to 5 days of sunshine, relaxing by the pool, time at the spa, and most of all just overall relaxation. We were pampered to the fullest! It was a wonderful trip. We got our share of relaxing by the pool, some sunshine, delicious dinners out, a great day at the spa, and fun conversation with good friends. I even put my fear aside and tried parasailing! Which was awesome by the way! Scary, but so fun!!

I am so thankful for such a loving husband who encourages me to do these types of things, and for wonderful in-laws who come to help out with our children. Thank you!

Yes, that's me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well deserved vacation, Christa.
Thanks for sharing with us and thanks for inviting us to be with the children in your absence. We missed you. We had lots of fun!

This picture of you up in the sky gives me goosebumps! I've never been brave enough to do that.
We're glad you had a fun time with your friends.
Love, Jim & Norma

Anonymous said...

Uffda. Although it looks like fun! The hang gliders were jumping off the mountain in Switzerland while we were there. I hope that is not next....

Glad you had a nice break in the sun.

Love, Dad