Sparkle is also the name of our Christmas elf. Can you find him?
See him there nestled in the tree?
Sparkle (Our Elf on the Shelf) arrived yesterday. Anna found him hanging from the light over our kitchen table. "What's that mommy? Why did you hang that there?"
"Anna, I didn't do that! That must be an ELF! Oh my goodness. Hmmm, here's a book he left, should we read it?"
Read it we did...several times. If you are not familiar with The Elf on the Shelf, it is a Christmas Tradition I highly recommend. In the book it talks about the Elf and how he comes to visit your family each Christmas season. Your first assignment is to name your Christmas Elf. Once named the magic will begin. Each night he flies back to Santa to report on the children's behavior, shares Christmas wishes and more. He returns in the morning in a new hiding spot....ready to be found by eager children. But he does have ONE rule. You may not touch him. If indeed you do, the magic may end. On Christmas Eve when he hears Santa's bells he returns to the North Pole until next year.
Anna was up at 5:15 this morning speculating on whether or not Sparkle was going to return. "Do you think Emmett touched him mommy?" When she spotted him she exclaimed..."I KNEW he'd be in the tree!" Since then I have heard her telling him her Christmas wishes, asking about his trip back to Santa last night and talking about her good deeds.
But SHHHHHH! Don't tell. Sparkle and the Christmas Elves are a secret...so you mustn't let on that you know!


2 comments:
That sounds so fun! What a great idea! We may getting a visit by our own elf next year. Not sure he'd survive in this house this year :)
Allison, I know what you mean...I just make sure he comes back in a HIGH place! :) There are 30% off coupons for him at B&N. If you need it let me know and I will send!
Post a Comment