After years of tagging along to playdates with Anna's friends and their siblings, Emmett is finding some new freedom as his days stretch out without his big sister around. Fortunately our neighborhood is ripe with 4 year old boys and Emmett has playmates just a few steps away.
Just last week the doorbell rang in the afternoon and I opened it to 2 little boys, adorned with nerf swords. "Hi Nathan, Hi Owen, how are you?" I greeted them. They could barely get their words out stumbling to talk over each other as they shouted "Can Emmett play? Can he be our 3rd ninja?"
You can bet Emmett went flying upstairs to get his sword and join in on the fun. It's great to see this little group of boys run from house to house, playdate to playdate playing swords, tag, catch, and more. I am sure for Emmett it's a welcome break from house, princess and crafts with his sis!
No comments:
Post a Comment