Sunday, May 6, 2007

Feeling Lucky


Anna looks so old in this picture...and yet it's so hard to believe that she is already 8 months old. This weekend I was able to visit my friend Katie in the hospital who just had a little boy (Evan Patrick) and it brought back so many memories of when Anna was first born. It feels like there is no way it could have been that long ago.

I find myself feeling so thankful and so fortunate often these days. I don't know what necessarily brings it on, but I find Steve or I saying "can you believe we have such a wonderful daughter?", "can you believe we are so lucky?" every few days. Or, I have moments where I feel so incredibly happy that my heart could burst.

This morning Steve and I were looking at pictures on our computer dating back to when we first met. How many things we have done and seen in such a short time. Steve and I met on July 4th, 2002 - nearly 5 years ago now. Since then we have sold 2 homes, bought 1 home (I bought my first house shortly after Steve and I met) and built 1 home. We have been on many, many vacations - both in and out of the country. We have celebrated our marriage and the marriages of dozens of our friends. We both changed jobs, better yet, changed careers. We have celebrated 2 pregnancies, and mourned one loss. And most treasured to Steve and I - we celebrated 1 birth. Wow.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are all blest with life and love. God is good! Mom D.