Around 1:15am Anna began urgently yelling for Mommy and Daddy...each second getting louder and more frantic. After a few minutes I couldn't take it any longer and had to go and see what was wrong and hold our little pumpkin.
After 30 mins of rocking, singing and playing with her hair, Anna was calm...although not yet sleeping. She babbled things like "Anna K Dyer" and "no crynin" off and on, but for the most part was silent.
Suddenly she leaned back off my shoulder and looked at me, eyes as big as saucers and chanted "no ghosts, no ghosts, no ghosts". I looked at her and said "What?" She repeated herself as if I should know what she was talking about.
The rest of our strange conversation went like this:
Me: not knowing what to say, I asked "Did you see a ghost Anna?"
Anna: silence...."Yes"
Me: "Oh you did? Hmmm, did he talk to you?"
Anna: silence...."Yes"
Me: "What did the ghost say?"
Anna: waving her hand at herself "Hi, Anna!"
Me: shocked "He did?"
Anna: "Yeah"
Me: "Where did the ghost go?"
Anna: no hesitation "Up high, sky"
Me: "What did you just say? Where did he go?"
Anna: "Up high sky"
Me: "Um, ok"
So...how in the world does she know about ghosts? We have never talked about them, with the exception of mentioning the "friendly ghosts" in her Halloween book which has been put away since October 31st!
While my husband may not believe in ghosts, the jury is still out for me. Let's just say I couldn't really sleep after that.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh Christa, that's so spooky! I'm with you in that it's hard to say for sure that they don't exist. Especially after that!
Post a Comment