It's been freezing around here...literally. I think the temps most days this week upon waking were in the negative 20's with windchill advisories in the negative 30's. That's cold, even for this girl who grew up in this frozen tundra. Because of the cold, many of our activities have been cancelled. Preschool, mom's day away, etc. While this has made things interesting for me (how to entertain a 2 yr old inside all day when 39 weeks pregnant...hmmm?), Anna has had big, big fun.

Since school was called off, Grandma had free time and offered to come and play with Anna. Good buddies, Anna & Grandma escaped to the world of make believe for much of the morning on Thursday. The two of them giggled, had "parties" (Anna's new favorite thing to do), and played babies. Yesterday Grandma met Anna & I at Chuck E Cheese for Anna's first Chuck E experience. While nothing like the restaurant we went to when I was little (technology changes things!), it was fun for Anna to ride the rides and give skee ball a try. She had more fun trying to roll the ball up the ramp than anything else.

It's fun to see these 2 having fun...I am so thankful for all of Anna's wonderful grandparents. You bring such joy into her life!
Yesterday afternoon I had another doctor appointment and my doctor confirmed what I had thought to be true. I am certainly dilated (quite a bit) and the baby is ready to come any day. My doctor leaves for Guatemala next week until the first week in February and he assured me that he will likely not see me pregnant again. My contractions have been strong, but whenever they begin a regular pattern they slow again. I have been minutes away from calling the hospital and getting ready to leave on more than one occasion, and then things have slowed. I anticipate that baby Moses is just about ready to make his or her appearance. We will certainly keep you posted! What exciting times!
1 comment:
I'm so glad your doctor's appointment went well. We are thinking about you!!
Post a Comment