Thursday, January 15, 2009

controlled chaos

Hi there. Still here...no baby yet! We've just had a bit of a hectic week this week with not too much time to write.

Beginning this past weekend, Anna has started to wake up earlier and earlier (6 - 6:30am) and instead of climbing back into her bed to sleep or rest until it's light out she has begun calling for me making her voice louder and louder until I eventually come to let her out of her room. This has been paired with a fight to get her to go to bed - "just one more story daddy, sing me a song mommy, I'm scared daddy, I need water mommy, etc" - and an afternoon nap that lasts about an hour, maybe a little more. Perhaps she too is feeling the anticipation of change to come. Fortunately, despite this change in sleep patterns she has been a pretty happy little girl.

Tuesday afternoon I started to feel out of sorts and thought that perhaps labor was around the corner. This progressed into a pretty bad case of the stomach flu, paired with strong contractions, which made for a long night and day on Wednesday. Fortunately Steve was able to stay home to care for Anna (and for me) and I was able to spend the day in bed resting (thank you hon!!). My doctor also prescribed a strong anti-nausea medication so that I could curb any dehydration. I am feeling quite a bit better today - and luck (and God) were on my side this morning when school was cancelled here so my mom could come over and play with Anna all morning allowing me time to rest and to begin disinfecting things around the house. Say a little prayer that this virus does not live long enough to infect Steve or Anna!

While my contractions continue to ebb and flow, there still isn't any consistency. Baby is certainly running out of room and I have peace in knowing that he or she will indeed arrive within the next week or two. Until then I will be disinfecting the house and trying to keep warm in temps that are in the negative 20's. Hope you all are staying warm and healthy too!

No comments: