Emmett is growing so quickly - he gets heavier and longer by the day. His 4 month check up is on Wednesday and I am very interested to see how he measures. He is trying hard to roll over, and I coaxed his first giggles out of him this week. What a sweet, sweet sound. When I lean over him with my hair tickling his face and give him kisses on his neck he lets his giggles out. It makes me want 4 more children!
Our house has also been taken over with princes, princesses, kings and queens as Anna has entered the wild world of make-believe. We have afternoon tea sometimes with her animals, or her baby Lucy. Sometimes I find her pouring a cup for Emmett.
We chase pirates away on her playset in the backyard, attacking them with water balloons (all pretend) and then "drive the ship to safetyland" as Anna says.
Then we get out her paper doll princes and princesses with her paperdoll castle, or her magnet set with the castle scene and come up with elaborate stories about Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Aurora and Jasmine. You can be certain that as soon as the first one ends, it will be followed by a quick "another story please" before you can catch your breath.
There are elephants, sloths, giraffes and baby jaguars in trouble hidden all over our house. When called to help with the rescue team Anna grabs her flashlight and scampers about finding, rescuing and celebrating.
It is wild, this world of make believe. But it is FUN.
2 comments:
Thanks for the new posts... I had missed them. This picture of Emmett is just wonderful. What a happy guy! And I'm glad to hear Anna is back to being herself too. Looks like fun times there. Looking forward to getting back there this summer and playing too...
Love, Granka
Please send me this picture of Emmett. I just love it.
Love, Granka
Post a Comment