Friday, August 21, 2009

seven months

Our dear little Emmett is seven months old today! Wow! I can't believe how quickly we have entered into the second half of his first year. Oh Emmett! What can we say about you? Or better said, where do we begin?

This past month you have figured out how to sit up on your own. You still topple over now and again, and tend to like to launch yourself backwards and slam your head on the ground, but for the most part you have mastered balancing on your bottom.

You continue to exude a mellow and calm demeanor. You are happy nearly all of the time, you still eat and sleep very well, and you seem to adapt pretty well to whatever your surroundings as long as a familiar face is nearby.

In the past few weeks you have started to laugh...and what a belly laugh it is! You have the most beautiful smile and your laughs are one of the very best sounds in the whole world. You giggle and giggle and giggle when tickled, when we play the game of peek, and when we make silly noises with you.

You have also started to share your little voice with us more often. You babble and "ahhhh" in the night, and this morning you even said "dada" and "mamamama" (not in relation to Steve and I but just for fun). "Ga" is another sound in your vocabulary.

You continue to love your sister. You love to watch her, although you are starting to defend yourself when she comes in for a hug attack. You grab her hair in fistfuls and pull until she screams.

I love your cuddles, your smiles, your chubby little legs and cheeks. The moments in each day when I get to snuggle with you and just be silly are some of my favorites. I would guess that the month ahead will bring more in the way of gross motor skills - you have a desire to get moving and while it's fun to watch, I am not sure I am quite ready for that yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmett, your little personality is really showing. Now that you are able to sit up on your own, you will enjoy many more opportunities to play. One day soon, you will play with Anna in a more interactive way.
We love your smiles and look forward to seeing you soon.
Love, Nana & Papa

PATRICK said...

What a stud! Love the shirt, and pants - going to be quite the little heart-throb...

Uncle P