Last Friday Anna's preschool had a Happy Birthday Jesus, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday Everyone party at our local rollerskating rink. Rather than celebrate everyone's birthday throughout the year they throw this big party complete with cake with all of the preschool classes ages 3 through 5. Because our beloved babysitter is home from college for a few weeks I decided to make a date of it and Anna and I spent the entire morning together just the two of us. Prior to the party we went shoe shopping for her (can you say growth spurt?!) and stopped at a local coffee shop for a treat. Anna showed off her smiles, eagerly anticipating what was to come.
Arriving at the rink, Anna was extremely excited. Extremely actually doesn't even touch how excited she was. Never having been on skates (roller or ice), she had no idea what was in store for her. I put my skates on as well thinking I could hold her up and skate at the same time. We found out that was NOT going to work in a hurry. Immediately my skates were removed and with all my might I held her as she "skated" around the rink.
I have to give this little girl a lot of credit! She never gave up! Despite the fact that at the beginning she could not even stand up on her own, by the end of the party she was skating on her own on the carpet, and on the rink she could skate just hanging on to one of my hands. Amid pleas from her friends to "come play in the climbing thing, Anna...please Anna?!", Anna replied "no thank you, I just want to skate". So we skated. 2 hours later she was tired and although she did not want to leave, her little legs had certainly had enough. It was a fantastic date and she can't wait to bring her daddy next time!
1 comment:
That's awesome, way to be determined and persistent - Go Anna!!! I want to come with some time too. :)
Uncle P
Post a Comment