Tuesday, March 30, 2010

florida

Counting the days down until FLORIDA became a daily adventure between Anna and I. I even kept a countdown on her lunchtime napkins (which I decorate for preschool each day). Unknowingly, this kept not only our house alive with sweet anticipation, but Anna's entire preschool class too. HA!

Finally the big day arrived! Anna woke up early as she was "so excited she couldn't sleep one more second!" and got everything ready for her big plane trip. To her this was her first (even though it was her second) and she wasn't sure what to expect. She told me "I'm a little bit afraid, but not too much". With daddy by her side they watched movies, colored, did stickers and more. Upon landing she told me "It was boring mommy." Well, there you have it.



Looks pretty fun to me!

After greeting Nana and Papa at the airport with big hugs, they headed back to the condo through lots of Florida traffic. A few hours later Anna changed into her swimming suit just as fast as she could and raced out to see both the pool and the ocean. "Mommy, I couldn't even see to the other side!" she exclaimed over the phone.





The next several days were filled with time in the sun & water, and socializing with everyone she met. According to Steve, Anna never hesitated to introduce herself to whoever she saw...informing them that she was 3 and a half and that she had a baby brother named Emmett who was 1.

Papa found a cool swimsuit with a life jacket built right in, so Anna took to the pool like a fish takes to water. She swam around, very proud of her ability to do so "without anybody helping".




So excited was she about her outdoor adventures that she woke up early - 6am Florida time (5am here) and sat on the porch watching the waves until it was light enough, and warm enough, to venture back out. Most often I received a text message about this time informing me that Anna was enjoying her first popsicle of the day. Yes, at 6am. Thank you Daddy.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just not enough hours in the day, eh Anna? So much to see and do. We're sure there will be "another time".
Love, Nana & Papa

Penny said...

Wow! So much fun! It reminds me of the great times I took my kids to Florida to see their grandparents! She will have such good memories!