Wednesday, March 3, 2010

spring fever

The snow is melting and ice is thawing around here...which means our afternoons can finally be spent OUTSIDE! We've been soaking up every bit of sun that we can over the past several days, enjoying wagon rides around the neighborhood, walking the paths, splashing in puddles and riding bikes. Even Emmett is in on the action and he loves it every bit as much as his sister. If only he could just figure out walking, we would be in business!! While he's oh-so-close, he's just not there quite yet. But soon enough he too will be ankle deep in snow puddles wondering why his feet are freezing.

With spring comes summer sign-ups and we are ankle deep in summer camp registration forms and summer sports. Both kids will go to the camp Anna has gone to the past 2 summers one day per week, and Anna (assuming she gets in) will also attend a camp at a local farm for a couple of hours a day for a few weeks. While I certainly am a planner, even I am struggling to plan not only our summer activities in March, but all of our next year plans needed to be finalized several weeks ago as well. Craziness! Was it like this when we were young, I don't know?

Steve and Anna are eagerly anticipating their upcoming trip to Florida, where they will go and meet Nana and Papa for a few days to soak up some sun, play in the sand and eat popsicles. Anna is extremely excited and fascinated by the idea of the ocean, sea shells and any crabs that might be burrowing beneath the sand. This will be the first trip she will remember, so I am sure it is bound to be a blast! Everything from the packing, to the airplane ride, to where she will sleep, to what she will eat has been discussed in great detail. And when she's feeling particularly lovey, she will let me know that she loves me "bigger than Florida's ocean". I can't wait to hear all about this adventure!

I too took on a new adventure a few months back...I am now teaching Pilates at the gym I belong to. I teach a Pilates Mat class a few Tuesday evenings per month, and starting this month will also be teaching a Cardio class every other Saturday morning. Between my regular classes and classes that I sub, I teach anywhere from 0-3 times per week. This has been a wonderful experience for me. I absolutely love this new outlet - it's a great way to help people, and to do something I thoroughly enjoy.

My posts have been few and far between lately, mostly due to the schedule we currently keep - but I do promise to take and post a few recent pictures of both of the kids soon. They have grown so much over the past few months that it often takes my breath away. As we throw away the bottles, and prepare to rid our home of "baby gear", I can't help but be a little taken aback at how quickly this time flies by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you are finally having nice weather there. It's better here too but we even had a real storm here last weekend. But the grass is green, a few flowers are in bloom, and the buds on the trees are not far away.

Very nice update - Glad to hear that things are interesting, busy, and fun. I'm sure the Florida trip for Steve and Anna will be a blast.

Have fun in the sun...

Granka

Allison said...

You guys sound super busy! Hopefully with the nicer weather approaching we can get together soon!