Monday, May 17, 2010

i wish i were a ....

Anna is very interested in water fountains these days - not the ones you drink out of (although she does love those too) - the ones where you throw pennies in and make wishes. While at the mall a few weekends ago she asked me for a penny to throw in a fountain so she could make a wish. I gave her two and told her to make 2 wishes.

"I wish Emmett would grow up to be a musician!" plop, in goes the penny

"I wish I would grow up to be a doctor, like Dr. Strong" plop, in goes the penny

I wish my fountain wishes were quite as aspirational...alas, they are not. And then again, some of Anna's aren't either....

While driving home from the zoo this past weekend Anna realized she had to go to the bathroom. After trying to convince her she could hold it until we got home, and failing, we pulled off the highway in search of a gas station or restaurant. It wasn't exactly "quick", so after asking WHEN exactly we were going to stop, Anna exclaimed from the backseat..."I wish I was a goose, then I could just poop on the street."

Ba dum bum.

3 comments:

Allison said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Scott said...

So funny!!! And, she does have a good point...;-) -Molly

Anonymous said...

This kept me laughing all day yesterday.....

Love, Granka