Monday, April 25, 2011

first picnic

FINALLY the sun is shining. Two days of warm temps and sunny skies before we endure another snow shower, so we are soaking up as much of it as we can!!

After our typical Monday morning of Pilates and grocery shopping, Emmett and I took our lunch to the playset and enjoyed our first picnic of the season. When we sat down at the picnic table Emmett exclaimed "This is a good spot for a picnic, right mommy?"

We enjoyed our sandwiches and some conversation and then Emmett took to the great outdoors, playing on the slide and running around the yard in between bites. I am so excited for the summer when we have many days like this to enjoy. I have a feeling we will be having picnics as often as we can since both Anna and Emmett love them (and so do I)! Thanks to my little buddy we had a wonderful first picnic of the year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmet has gone from toddler to little boy almost overnight! Love his laugh!
Soon he'll be doing everything Anna is able to do....so watch out!
Nana & Papa

Papa said...

I think we need a John Deere gator to match this shirt.

PATRICK said...

Love these pictures - what a fun little character Emmett has become!