Thursday, August 23, 2007

And I Was Worried...

about having a babysitter?

Yesterday the morning began with Anna tearing pages out of her books and going to all of the places she is very well aware she is not supposed to go. Breakfast passed with a few bites, then a tantrum to get out of the highchair. All of the options I provided to Anna for lunch were spit out onto the tray, and the sippy cup of milk was thrown on the floor - then at me. Nothing would make little Anna smile. 15 minutes before Mikhaila, our sitter, arrived - Anna took a spill hitting her lip on a chair. More tears.

Typically it's pretty easy to leave the house when Anna is being watched by family - yesterday, I was not so excited to leave. I wasn't sure if our young sitter could deal with what that day had in store. But I left, Anna sound asleep for her afternoon nap.

A few hours later Steve arrived home to news that Anna was very good, in good spirits and other than not drinking her milk, she had a great time. So much so that she didn't want Mikhaila to leave.

HA! To think I was worried. Perhaps that was just what the dr. ordered for both of us!

Thank you mom for a fun afternoon / evening of shopping and birthday fun!

No comments: