Monday, August 6, 2007

Wonderful Holiday

Cheers mates! I am back from a lovely holiday in England! I had a wonderful time with my good friend Andrea and her husband Sean and daughter Isabella. It went by so quickly, I really cannot believe that I am already home!!

We did so much in a short span of time, yet managed to have plenty of time to relax too! I spent the first few days of my trip at Andrea's home in Cheltenham, England. Cheltenham is about 2-2.5 hours west of London and is a beautiful town in the Cotswolds. The countryside is quite beautiful there, and Cheltenham is much bigger than I had expected. It has a beautiful downtown area, lots of parks and nice homes. Andrea and Sean have a lovely home and it was so nice of them to let me stay! It was great to spend time with Isabella as well, I hadn't seen her since she was only 9 months old and what a difference! She is a bubbly, sweet little girl - we had fun playing puzzles and going to the park. Andrea and I also toured a small village near her home called Bourton-on-the-Water. It was so pretty and quaint. Very much what you might imagine a little town of bed and breakfasts might be in the middle of the English countryside.

Andrea and I then spent the weekend in Bath, England - home of the Roman Baths. We stayed at a gorgeous hotel, where we pampered ourselves by getting our nails done and massages. Ahhh, it was relaxing! But we also spent many hours walking through the many streets of Bath, looking at the shops, touring the Roman baths (so cool!) having yummy hot chocolates in little cafes, and enjoying the beautiful weather. It was fantastic! I would definitely return to that city if I ever have the opportunity.

Most of all I just enjoyed time with Andrea and her family. Thank you Andrea, Sean and Isabella for a lovely time!

2 comments:

PATRICK said...

Hey Sis - we're glad to have you back! It's great to see you had so much fun with Andrea and her family. It's also great to see you keeping a healthy balance of undertaking things as a new Mom and maintaining strong personal relationships with Steve, and your other friends. A well deserved vacation, and your pics are incredible. I'd love to go there someday myself!

Hope you have an amazing day today! Kiss my adorable little niece for me! :)

Love ya,
Patrick

Anna said...

Thanks Patrick!