No, I haven't forgotten how to do math. Here's how it goes...
2 naps - 1 nap =
0 ideas on how I can get done in one nap what I used to do in two
0 days I can sleep until Anna wakes, because sleeping in = no shower until after noon
0 plans for how to fill 2 five hour stretches of time with my little one
OK, in all reality it isn't that bad. In fact...this transition has been much easier than 3 naps to 2, so far.
I have been looking forward to Anna moving to just one nap for a long time. I figured I would wait and let her indicate when she was ready to drop her morning nap. For the past several weeks, Anna has been playing for longer periods of time in her crib when she is supposed to be napping. For example, she would go down at 9 for her morning nap and play until 9:45 before she would fall asleep. Then, if she slept for a little while, she wouldn't sleep in the afternoon. Or vice versa.
So, this week I decided to try moving to one nap. This means that our schedule has been tipped upside-down (which is harder for me than it is for Anna I am embarrassed to admit). Snack is earlier, Lunch is earlier and nap begins around 12pm. Eventually this will move later - to about 1pm, but at this point between 11:30 and 12 seems to be as long as Anna will make it.
I am learning quite quickly that I need to come up with some more activities for the winter months (and moving forward) - 5+ hour stretches of play time are tougher to fill! In time I know that I will LOVE this new schedule. It will give us so much freedom to set up play dates with friends that live further way, to explore more museums, zoos and parks, to spend more time outside. As the weeks go on we will get in our groove, but until then...understand if we seem a little helter-skelter.
No comments:
Post a Comment