
While I know there are many ages, and many stages, to come...if I could freeze time for a little while I would freeze it at this age and this stage. Anna's personality is blooming. She is such a happy little girl, who loves attention, and loves to laugh and giggle. I love watching her get so excited over something so small - like going to play in her playroom, eating raspberries, playing chase or peek-a-boo, having someone read her "Wiggle Waggle", singing or dancing.

Oh sure, we have our moments when limits are pushed, time-outs are issued, and frustration runs high. But the laughter and the moments where I just want to pick her up and squeeze her with love overflowing outnumber those other times ten-fold. We are indeed having a great time.
Anna is learning new things every day. This second year is AMAZING. It seems like the moment she turned 12 months things went into fast forward. It's so interesting to watch her little brain work, and her muscles strengthen as she continues to strive to walk. Anna is very confident, happy, determined and funny at this age.
Each day I watch and another piece of her personality unfolds. Today, after being told "NO" and issued a time-out because she intentionally hit me and scratched my face (more than once in a row), she followed me saying "hoppy, hoppy, hoppy" (happy, happy, happy) - clearly willing me to be "happy". I couldn't help but smile.

Slowly Anna's world is expanding. New foods - broccoli, cauliflower, corn are now staples believe it or not, trying to master a spoon and fork, attempting to drink out of a real cup, eating snacks out of bowls or baggies if we are on the run. She is less a baby and more a toddler each day.
Our conversations are beginning to resemble real conversations. Instead of me narrating what I am doing each day, or what we will do, or just simply making things up to talk about - I can now ask Anna questions to which I will get a response. Perhaps not always the response I was looking for, but a response none-the-less.
I love this age. I love this stage.
1 comment:
Anna is definitely a lot of fun. The giggles are great. Very independent minded - knows what she wants. It is so fun to watch her figure things out.
Love-Grandma Mary
Post a Comment