After revelling in the aftermath of Santa's visit for a few hours, we headed over to Grandpa T and Grandma Penny's house for more Christmas cheer. Their house was decorated beautifully, very festive for the occasion. The table was gorgeous and the food was delicious - we shared a lovely meal in good company.
Grandma Great, Uncle Patrick, Tanya and Uncle Matt were all there too - Anna had fun playing with everyone. While she took her afternoon nap, another round of Buzz Trivia was played...a rubber match for Steve and Matt. I can't remember who won...was it Steve? Or was it Matt? Since I can't remember I figure I can just claim victory. HA HA!


While we stayed warm indoors, we watched HUGE snowflakes fall to the ground outside. With so many windows at Grandpa T's house, it was fun to see a truly white Christmas. After dinner we spent time exchanging gifts, and relaxing in front of the fire. Anna crawled on top of the gifts and tried to help pass them out. She didn't quite make it through the gift exchange, she was exhausted from many days of play, excitement and family. She definitely had fun!
It was a fun day and evening for all of us - special time together as my dad and Penny begin the countdown to their departure to Paris, France. In a few short weeks they will be leaving to begin their 2-year adventure abroad. Many gifts exchanged fell along that theme. Journals, photo albums, suitcases, clothes, Parisian cookbooks and guidebooks. All to aid them on their journey. And from them, lovely Parisian gifts from their trip there earlier last year. Unique toys, a lovely watch, bath scents, lotions. It will be a fun and exciting few years ahead. I am sure we will all learn a lot through their adventures - and will live vicariously through them.


And Paris...well, I don't think that city will know what hit them when this crazy cowboy arrives. Sorry dad...couldn't resist. (Great gift Penny!)


Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
A very special Christmas. We had a great time with all of you and thoroughly enjoyed the day. This little Anna is a treat and a joy and makes Christmas even better. The cowboy hat....uffda.... Grandpa T.
Great hat Lyle, maybe someday I can get the family to let me wear mine amd we can just sit out on the deck. Have a great time in Paris and get ready to retire. Jim D
Post a Comment