Steve came home from work the other day with a tidbit of trivia burning on his tongue. "How long do you think a dollar bill stays in circulation?" he asked.
"I don't know, like 55 years?" I answered.
Judging from his immediate expression, I don't think I could have guessed more incorrectly.
"18 months...it's so dirty by then"
Obviously this must be so if the following transpired in any other homes aside from ours this week:
Anna: "Mommy, money"
Me: "Yes, where is your money? Papa gave you some dollars, aren't they in your purse?"
Anna: "Purse...purse...purse", hunting for her purse
Anna: "Money!" pulling the dollar bills out
Me: "What do you do with money in your purse? Where do you go?"
Anna: "Shopping"
Me: "Yes that's right! And you use money to pay."
Anna: "Eat money" putting the bills into her mouth and sucking on them
Me: "No Anna, you never eat money! Money is very dirty!"
Anna: "Money garbage" walking to the garbage to throw the dirty money away
Me: "No, Anna money doesn't belong in the garbage" neglecting to follow her
Anna: "Potty, money potty" (dad jumps up and runs after her)
Too late...money is in the potty
Dad grabs money to wash it and let it dry. Meanwhile...
Anna: "Wash hands...potty"
You can only guess what was in the potty next.
1 comment:
HA!!! Well, you can't really fault her logic... :)
Post a Comment