Tuesday, March 4, 2008

mixed emotions

After a steady stream of both dreary and fairly cold days, I am ready for a vacation. I am ready to feel the heat of the sun on my face and on my body. I am ready for the smell of the ocean, for cool breezes and for laughs with my dear husband and with friends. I need a vacation.

I am not, however, quite ready to leave my baby for a whole week! I am not worried about the care she will receive in my absence...she will be loved and adored by dear grandparents who will delight her in so many ways. But I am going to miss her terribly. Afterall, she is my only daughter, my only baby, and my job all rolled into one. I know the beginnings and the ends of the day will be the most difficult for me. Each morning I love going to get Anna - joking with her, kissing her and talking about her dreams and the day ahead. And each night I love reading to her, rocking, singing, talking and cuddling....only to sneak in to her room a few hours later - multiple times - to peek at her sleeping body curled up with her animals, baby and blankie. Those are just 2 of my special times.

I am going to miss her laughter, her silly phrases, her hugs and kisses, cuddles and spunk. I am even going to miss her wild abandon when she dances.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


But, when we return we will have more hugs and kisses stored up, a renewed supply of patience and excitement, and will be cured of this winter's cabin fever. I can't wait to hear all about the fun our little Anna has while we are away...I know it will be a wonderful adventure for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a way to bust a move Anna!

Grandma M