Tuesday, September 9, 2008

loving gesture

This morning Anna was playing in the living room with her animals so I thought I would take the opportunity to work on some thank you notes that need to get out the door. As I wrote on cards and lost myself in the world of the written word, my daughter played happily with her toys in front of me - playing with all of the animals and telling me what their moods were for the day, and then hosting a tea party for her dolls and puppies. After awhile she must have lost interest, as she climbed up on my lap, looked at me with all of her love in her eyes and said in her sweet voice:

"Are you having fun mommy? Tell me, you have a good day? How are you?"

I heard the questions I ask Anna often repeated back to me in a loving attempt to gain my attention and begin a conversation. Of course we had to cuddle and hug after that.

For this, my 500th post on this blog, I didn't think there could be a better story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have developed such a loving relationship with your daughter. Your stories are always a bright spot in my day and bring on a smile. Thank you for sharing so generously.
Grandma Mary