Tuesday, February 17, 2009

wedding festivities

What better way to spend Valentine's Day than at a wedding - celebrating the love between two very special people? This Valentine's Day my brother Patrick married his sweetheart, Tanya. It was an absolutely lovely day. Everything was perfect. Patrick and Tanya planned a grand event and every detail was spectacular - from the rehearsal, to the ceremony to the reception and gift opening. Tanya was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen, and Patrick a most handsome groom. We felt so honored to be a part of their very exciting celebration.

And now, while they are off honeymooning in Tahiti - we remain here in the cold swapping pictures on Facebook and reliving their event in our living room (Anna is still practicing "dancing" like she did at the wedding).

There are so many pictures from the week and weekend - I put just some of them in this slideshow. I wish I could capture all of the excitement and emotion of the weekend, in my words or pictures - but neither can do them justice. I will say this though - Patrick, I am so proud to be your sister. I am proud of the man you have become and enjoy the time I spend with you always. You have a way of livening up a room, and since meeting Tanya - the more sensitive side that has always been a big part of you is being shared with the rest of the world. You chose a wonderful woman as your bride...I couldn't be more thrilled. Tanya, you are a wonderful, intelligent, lovely and FUN person. I am so excited to call you my sister and to have met your wonderful family. I know there will be many fun and exciting times ahead for you and Patrick, and for all of us together. I look forward to all of them. Our love for you both overflows...congratulations!


And now the excitement comes to a close and we get back to life as it normally is.

Sunday we said goodbye to Nana and Papa who so graciously came to spend the weekend with us and to attend Patrick's wedding and help us (i.e. "do everything for us") with the kids since we were all a part of the wedding party. Nana and Papa did everything from shuttling the kids around, to taking Anna to the hair salon to get her hair done, to getting her in her dress, feeding them, caring for them at the ceremony & reception and so much more. Because of your help we were able to enjoy the weekend and be a part of the wedding party. THANK YOU.

And then today we say goodbye to Granka and Grandma Penny, as Granka heads back to France and Penny heads to Florida with her family to visit her mother and to spend time in the land of Disney. We will miss them both tremendously - it will be 6 months until we see them again. Fortunately we were able to spend a lot of time together through many visits as well as the events of the wedding...we enjoyed all of this time. While there are tears upon their leaving, we look ahead to the fun we will have when they are home again in August. It will be here before we know it I am sure. Safe travels, we love you, and thank you for spending so much time with us during your visit.

3 comments:

The Bagan's said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend! You, Steve, Anna, and Emmett all look wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

To the whole family, Mom and dad it was great to see you both get out for a couple of nights. Anna, the fun Papa had taking you to get your hair done was a memory to last a lifetime. You were gorgeous! Emmett, I so enjoyed getting to sit and just cuddle and listen to you purr. Thank's. Papa

Penny said...

Wonderful pictures....I will look at them often! It was a wonderful trip home and we treasure every minute!