Friday, March 13, 2009

when you're 2 and a half...

...you can say things like this and it's cute:

"Mommy, I don't wanna time-out. Nobody has time-outs!"
but it won't be so cute when you're a teenager.

...your stories are creative, and there is no offense taken to a story like this:

"Once upon a time there was a girl named mommy. And then there was a big, BIG fox. And the fox ATE mommy. But then I went to the fox and opened his mouth and got mommy out! Yeah! I did it!"

...you have lots of opinions:

"Mommy, I like your car. But I don't like Papa's truck. His truck is blue. I don't like Papa's truck, I like your car. Daddy has a car too. But he has different wheels. I like your wheels better. I like your car mommy."

...you have favorites, even if they change with the wind:

"Mommy, my favorite princess is Cinderella. I love Cinderella."

(Monday) "Mommy, my favorite color is green" (Tuesday) "Mommy, my favorite color is blue, and pink" (Wednesday) "Mommy, my favorite color is green"

...you know your routine:

"No mommy, I did that at preschool...not at school (meaning her mom's day away), at preschool. Miss Briana and Miss Alyssa are at school. Grandma is at preschool."

...you are confident in what you "know":

Anna received an invitation to a birthday party that was designed with Diego's "field journal" on it. Anna has been carrying it around playing with it all week pretending it is real, and pretending to be on one of Diego's animal adventures.

"No mommy, not a field journal...it's "feel turtle". Say "feel...turtle". This is Diego's "feel turtle" and it says we have to go and save the mommy sloth."

...you can change the world:

While watching the movie Sleeping Beauty the following transpired when the Prince was trying to defeat the mean dragon in order to get to the princess

"Mommy look! I can keep dancing and that will make the dragon go away and the princess will wake up. See mommy, see, watch me! I am dancing and the dragon will go away."

(15 minutes later and she's still dancing)

"See mommy, I TOLD you I could make the dragon go away and LOOK the princess woked up now! I did it!"

2 comments:

PATRICK said...

Okay, I'm convinced...I want kids right now. That is hilarious and it has to be a ton of fun - just to be able to laugh and smile so much. Also so that they can grow-up with adorable little Anna and live in that creative world she's developed!

Penny said...

What fun anecdotes!It's so wonderful that you take the time to write them down. Someday you will look back and read them....and laugh together!