Sweetie boy Emmett, as your sister likes to call you...you warm our hearts. How can it be that you turn 9 months today? How can it be that your first birthday is approaching faster than I can even begin to comprehend? I can't think about it without crying. Seriously.At nine months you are as sweet as ever. I think 9 months is my favorite "baby" stage. I remember it so fondly with Anna, and I am enjoying it thoroughly with you all over again. You babble constantly in your quiet little voice. Every now and again airing it out to show us that you do in fact have a set of pipes on you. You love to say mamamama, nananana, dadadadada, papapapa, and a whole host of other hard consonent sounds that I cannot begin to interpret.

The rails on the crib are now lifted, the mattress at the lowest level. When in a seated position you can pull yourself up onto your knees. You love to stand - supported by people or furniture. You roll back and forth from front to back, trying to get to toys that are out of your reach. Just yesterday you started to push yourself backwards on all fours.
You like to have company - when left alone in a room for more than a few minutes you will squak to let us know you want some attention. You like to have a loved one close by to play with, to touch and just to feel secure.
Your favorite things to do are to bang on things, tip things over, bash them around, and just act in typical "boy" fashion. There's no simple play with the Fisher Price bus like your sister did - no...you are not interested in how the door will open and shut. You are instead fascinated with the sound the bus makes when you pick it up and bang it on the floor. I laugh watching you! You also love the outdoors. So much to see, touch and taste.
You still enjoy your green vegetables, rice cereal and fruit. You currently aren't too enthralled with your bottles, but I think that has to do with the fact that you are getting teeth. You have your two bottom front teeth and one of your top front teeth is about to poke through your gums any second. Teething does not come without it's disruptions in sleep as well - but we'll survive. You are by all counts an *easy* baby. You take things as they come and you adapt well to changes in your schedule, surroundings, etc. Your cute grins and open mouth drool kisses light up our days. We love you sweetie boy!
1 comment:
That smile says it all. A very happy and loved young guy. Can't wait to see and play with him again.
Love, Granka
Post a Comment