Monday, April 25, 2011

author / illustrator


Anna has always had a love for books and recently she has taken her reading to a new level. She is sounding out words and reading more things each day. This morning she was busy working on creating one of her many "original" books and when I turned around she had written on her paper: "Anna's Book". She never asked for help, she just proudly presented it when she was done! I couldn't believe it!

She has been busy creating "books" for many people over the past several weeks, and she takes a lot of time and puts a lot of love into each one. While creating one for Grandma earlier this week she exclaimed "Mom! I'm an author AND an illustrator!". Um, ok...where did you learn that Anna? "At school. My teachers talked about it."

Sure enough, she is an author and an illustrator. I can't wait to show her some of these books when she is older. I am constantly amazed by her creativity and her enthusiasm for learning. I hope this love of books and writing follows her into her adult years.

P.S. The picture above is in "Anna's Note Book" that she created this morning, and depicts Mom, Dad, Anna and Emmett.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we played with (and cared for) the kids a few weeks ago, Anna came running to each of us with a picture she had made including names - Anna, Emmett, Nana and Papa! They are done in bright and beautiful colors. She told us we could take them home and that is just what we did. They are now on our refrigerator as a wonderful reminder of our fun time together. They give me a grin each time I look at them.
She does such a wonderful job.
What will this "author/illistrator" make next?
Love, Nana & Papa

PATRICK said...

We have to say that we loved the Easter drawings that Anna did for us, and Tyson with the cute little Easter basket/gifts you brought over. We have them proudly displayed in Tyson's room so that he can see them everyday!