In an earlier post I mentioned that the mornings are my favorite times with Anna. Well, I need to add another time to my growing list of favorites - bedtime. Anna's bedtime routine starts around 6pm, when she gets a bubble bath. She loves to sit in the warm water and play with her little frog and duck. And when she gets her legs a kicking it really makes her laugh! Then it's time for a bottle and books. Typically she drinks about half of her bottle before she needs a break, during which time we read any one or two of the books in her growing library.
My favorite moments in all of this are:
- When Anna drinks her bottle she plays with her hair - smoothing it over her right eye, or twisting it under her left ear
- Burping Anna and having her push off and look at you with her big blue eyes and smile
- The conversation she then proceeds to try and have with you as she touches your eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks and hair
1 comment:
I love seeing you in pictures with Anna. You are usually the one behind the shutter and we don't have many pictures with you in them. I so enjoyed the bedtime experience for the 2 nights we were there. Thanks for letting me feed and read to her. She is such a "love". There can't be a more enjoyable way to end the day.
Post a Comment