"mama" called out from the vicinity of my knees - big blue eyes looking up at me
"mama...mama...mama" chanted while playing with her Fisher Price people
"ma...ma" drawn out as she looks at a picture with me in it
"MAMA!" yelled from her crib after shouts of "UP" have not succeeded
"MAma" said with a smile and a stout little finger pointing straight at my nose
"ma ma mama ma" when a boo-boo needs some kissing
Oh, how great it is to be the mama.
Anna is by all counts a daddy's girl. She always has been, and I presume that she will be for a long time. I think that's great. In fact, I think it's wonderful - it brings great joy to see her love for her daddy and his for her.
That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled that Anna has recently figured out who her mama is too. That sweet little voice, calling my name....makes me really feel like a mama! Oh sure, she's said mama off and on for some time now. But, it was both infrequent and without meaning. Now she knows! She knows me, and I can feel she loves me. What a wonderful, wonderful feeling.
1 comment:
Oh, it's great to be a Mama! Don't you just love the sound of that word when it's in the mouth of your babe?
I think I've already said this, but Anna makes are great lion!
Post a Comment