Monday, October 8, 2007

so it goes

And so we enter yet another phase...seems they come and go faster than I can keep up with! I remember when Anna was just a few weeks old and we went to a "new moms" class at the hospital, the facilitator told us "just when you are very ready for a particular stage to end, a new one will begin and you never know if it will be better or worse than the last". How true!

While Anna isn't "officially" a toddler since she isn't walking on her own yet, she's certainly exhibiting many of the traits of one! Of course there are the obvious things - walking around the furniture, crawling with tremendous speed all around the house, babbling, standing up, falling down. But then there are the, well, more interesting things....

Like, throwing all of your food on the floor when you don't want to eat it/are done eating/want something different/just want to make your parents mad.

Or, better yet, learning how to get the tray off of your highchair with your feet and just dumping the entire tray on the floor. Again. And again. And again.

Then of course there are the temper tantrums. Anna's recent obsession is with opening and shutting things. Doors in particular are her favorite. This provides hours minutes of entertainment for her.

This morning I kept the door to the laundry room closed. She proceeded to yell "OPEN" (or her version of it anyway) and when I told her no, we couldn't do that this morning and why...she proceeded to flail her arms in the air, shake her head back and forth, and yell all at the same time. I just watched without saying anything, and she then sprawled out on the floor and put her fingers in her mouth as if she were going to bed.

Oh boy, what is to come?

No comments: