To know Steve is to know that he loves cheese. Cheese of all kinds. The older and the stinkier the better.
The apple has not fallen far from the tree. When Anna moved to whole milk, we incorporated cheese into her diet so that we would make sure she was getting enough dairy and fat. She is now certainly drinking enough milk, but she still likes her daily serving (or 2) of cheese. For her morning snack, she almost always has cheese and crackers. If she takes a morning nap she will wake up and say "cheeeeese"....she knows what time it is.
I am also learning that cheese can be a help in getting Anna to eat things she doesn't normally like. She will now eat homemade macaroni and cheese - which I make with ring macaroni, whole milk and her cheese of choice. I can sometimes hide some ground hamburger in there too.
Today I steamed cauliflower and put it in the food processor, mixed it with cheese and told her it was cheesy potatoes. She ate the whole bowl. That is probably the biggest serving of veggies she has ever eaten.
So, if you have any other suggestions for veggies with a touch of cheese - send them my way, I am willing to give them a try!
2 comments:
Yes! Way to go Anna... and Mom! Maybe she'll eat steamed broccoli with cheese too!
Clever idea Christa.
I don't know about cheesifying other vegetables, but I do know that Ava loves shredded cheese on her eggs.
Post a Comment