After a rough night last night, we decided to bring Anna to the local urgent care this morning to make sure that her cough was not turning into something else. Despite a cough and a slight fever, Anna was in good spirits and didn't appear too sick. She has had a little cough that has become louder and more frequent since Thursday.
After a few minutes at urgent care we were informed that Anna's blood oxygen levels were quite low and that she would need some chest x-rays. Rather than do that there and then get transferred to the hospital where we would have to do the same things all over again - we decided to take Anna to Children's right away.
Fortunately Anna got sick in the car. Yes, fortunately. That seemed to clear up whatever was blocking the oxygen as her levels were back to normal once we arrived at Children's. A few hours later after monitoring, they decided to do an x-ray since there had been a low reading earlier. Much to their surprise (and ours) we found out that Anna has pneumonia.
The good thing is, we caught it early and she now has antibiotics to ward it off, along with some medicine to help with the nausea. We are so happy we decided to take her in (we weren't sure because it didn't seem real serious this morning), as we hopefully have avoided an extended hospital stay.
Our little baby is sleeping now. I have to admit I was pretty scared for awhile! I am so happy I have such an amazing husband who asks lots of questions and keeps things moving in the E.R. when things are taking too long. Oh, and doing all of that while soothing his little baby, AND me.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I'm sure you guys were terrified. We are so happy that Anna is okay! Let us know if you need anything.
We're keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers. This is pretty scarey and seemed to happen so fast. I expect she'll rebound quickly and be her active, happy little self soon.
Prescription: Fluids, antibiotics, rest and lots of hugs from mom and dad.
Love, Nana and Papa
Christa - Sorry I didn't have more time to talk earlier before my meeting, it's scary to think of something happening to my little cutie. It's so great to hear that everything is better now - what a scary event! I will keep Anna in my prayers and all of you. You better keep a close eye on her in the meantime - those flu bug strains are nasty these days.
I love the new look to the site - very creative/festive! Let's do dinner on Wed., I can come to your place and we can make something, or go out near there if you think you can still make it work.
Love ya,
Patrick
Post a Comment