Today we had Anna's 15 month appointment. Steve and I decided to change doctors, as we had heard of another place nearby that specializes in just pediatrics. While Anna's previous doctor was certainly a nice, capable doctor we felt she may prefer a female doctor when she is older and we also were not thrilled with some of the experiences we have had there.
The minute I walked in the door I was happy with our decision to change. Our new place is geared much more for kids. There were 3 huge aquariums and Anna was in heaven immediately! Our new doctor also made a very good impression on both Anna and I. Anna was very comfortable - the most comfortable I have ever seen her - throughout the entire exam.
So, Anna's stats at 15 months are:
Weight: 18lbs. 7oz. - less than 3rd percentile
Height: 30 5/8 in - 65th percentile
Head Circumference: 18.5 in - 50th percentile
This is fairly consistent with her percentiles at 12 months - although she has grown over an inch in length in the past 3 months.
We did learn a few new things though! Anna's milk intake is much higher than it needs to be. The doctor recommended that we cut Anna's milk in half - offering her 4-6oz. at each meal time, after she has eaten her meal. The doctor believes that Anna is drinking so much milk that she is not as hungry at mealtimes, and also while there is a lot of fat in her whole milk, there are not the nutrients that Anna will get from food.
Anna will return in a month for a 2nd flu shot, and for a weight check. The doctor is going to review Anna's medical records from our previous place, and see how she grows over the next month weight wise to make sure that everything is looking ok. While I am not concerned with Anna's weight - it is nice to know that she is going to take some extra time to look things over.
Anna had 4 shots today, but is in good spirits! At least she won't have any more shots (with the exception of another flu shot) until her 2 year appt!
1 comment:
sounds like you found an excellent doctor for your little peanut!
Post a Comment