Friday, July 13, 2007

Fun with Friends

The past 2 days I had the pleasure of spending time with my dearest friends from college. 8 of my girlfriends from college made their way over to our house on Wednesday night for a dinner in honor of our friend Andrea who is home from England for a visit. She has been living there for almost 2 years with her husband and their 2.5 year old daughter. They plan to be home for good this coming winter / spring.

I was reminded many times during our get-together how fortunate I am to have such wonderful friends. We all met our freshman year in college, at age 18 - and we still all get together every few months, and catch up via email. As we have grown older and have started families, this requires more effort on everyone's part. More than 4 of them had to drive 2-3 hours to get to my house! I am blessed truly to have friends such as these.

In spending time with these wonderful people I was also reminded of how much a positive attitude adds to your life. A few of my friends in particular are genuinely extremely positive people. What a pleasure to spend time with people like that. It was a very timely reminder for me to focus on the positive, talk about the positive, and not dwell on those things that may be somewhat difficult, or trying. We all have things like that, but isn't it so fun to hear about positive, happy things? Being around someone like that immediately brightens your spirits and makes you think about all the good in your life.

Who would have thought that the people that were selected randomly as my roommates, and my neighbors across or down the hall would be such influential people in my life still today. I am grateful.

No comments: