Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ice cream you scream

Anna's favorite treat is ice cream. It's a delicacy she doesn't get very often, but whenever there is a whisper of it, she squeals with delight. She just tried chocolate chip for the first time this past weekend when we were off at the Teddy Bear Park and she has been asking for it ever since!

Today as we were playing outside Anna was watching all of the birds that are flying in and out of the trees around the neighborhood. Seeing one munching on a worm in our front yard, Anna headed over to get a closer view. The bird wisely jumped up on top of the electrical boxes that border our property. Anna followed to get up-close and the bird flew away. Anna then waddled on over to the electrical boxes as she often does. As I sat in my lawn chair on the driveway I overheard: "I cream!"

I thought to myself "what? ice cream?" and then it dawned on me. It was not in fact ice cream, but a dropping that cute little birdie left as a gift. Fortunately I caught her dirty finger before it entered her mouth. How's that for GROSS!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I scream! I scream! I am screaming right now. That is so gross!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the inquisitive minds of babes!
I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't been so close by?
Don't want to think about it!
Have a wonderful day.