There are signs EVERYWHERE. There is traffic EVERYWHERE. There are literally hundreds, upon hundreds of garage sales. There are even sales taking place on street corners, under tents. Churches are filled with things to be sold. People have taken off work, sent their kids to day care and are searching for new treasures. It is insanity.
I will preface this post by telling you that I am not a garage-saler. At least I haven't been up to this point. It's not that I don't think that there are perfectly good things being sold for pennies on the dollar, or that I have an issue with having things second-hand, it's more an issue of "the dig".
I am just not a "digger". My friends find GREAT deals on very nice things at places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, etc. I look at them and think "wow, I should go there sometime!" And then I step in the front doors and see the piles and piles of merchandise just waiting for hands to dig through them and I get the sweats. I last maybe 3 mins before I just want to leave and go where things are neat and organized. Yes, I realize I may have some issues here.
Anyway, back to the garage sales. Earlier this week I decided that I was going to venture out to see if I could find any outdoor toys for Anna. Both yesterday and today I spent a few hours in the car, driving around peering at the piles from my driver's seat, stopping at the select few that had toys in the yard or a sale that appeared to be organized.
And guess what? I had fun! I didn't find much amidst the half-filled perfume bottles, box springs and appliances...but I did find this slide and another toy, for a grand total of $5. Looks like I'll be going back again in the fall!


P.S. Anna, if you are reading this one day - please do not be mad at me about your hairstyle as of late. I promise you I am not intentionally going for a shaggy look. I am trying to grow the majority of your bangs out, and in the process it's creating an interesting challenge for finding ways to keep the longer bangs out of your eyes, and pulled back. Especially when you pull out your hair bows and headbands!
1 comment:
We can only imagine the hours of fun Anna and her little friends will have on this slide. She loves repetition and in doing so, learns each task well. I bet she'll get more and moe creative in use of this slide. Look out for the splash into her swimming pool! Papa will show her how to do that. Great find, Mom!
Post a Comment