
As Anna's 1st birthday approaches, I find myself very nostalgic. There are so many feelings that I wasn't really prepared for. Excitement that our little baby is becoming a little girl. Sadness that the tiny baby stage is over for Anna and that this little one is growing up so fast.
On our morning walk we saw all of the kids dressed up waiting for the school bus on the first day of school. I pictured Anna standing there in pigtails, a little skirt and shirt and a pink backpack probably as big as her, and I got tears in my eyes. I might be a basket case when that day really comes.
Before Steve and I met one another, we both dreamt of being parents. After a year of marriage we became even more excited about the prospect of being parents together. I knew Steve would be a great dad, and I hoped I too would make a great mom. Now we get to watch one another and appreciate and marvel at how we impact this little girl's life. And at some point during each day, one of us will turn to the other and remind us how fortunate we are and how much happiness and joy this little person has added to our lives. I am reminded daily of God's grace in our lives.
One year ago today we were wondering when our little baby would arrive. 4 days overdue, we were so excited and ready to meet the new addition to our family. But, I admit I was afraid too. Afraid of labor, thinking of all of the "what ifs", and afraid of how I would be as a mom and how would I know what to do?!
One year later, I am filled with happiness as I look at our baby and at our new "family". Those days of anticipation and apprehension seem so long ago, yet the past year has flown by with tremendous speed. I can only imagine what the next year will bring!
2 comments:
Anna, Happy Birthday Week from the Buffo's! You are one lucky little girl! Congrats Christa and Steve on year 1 in the books!
Jim, Allison and Tyler
How blest you are to have each other. You are such wonderful parents to that special little girl. We look forward to celebrating her birthday on Friday. One year....where did it go? We can't begin to imagine what the next year will bring.
Love, Grandma D
Post a Comment