Wednesday, September 26, 2007

on the go

Those are the words I think best describes Anna at this stage. From the time she wakes up, to the time she goes to bed, she is truly "on the go". We have been experiencing a number of changes around here...

1. Morning naps are optional. Some days Anna sleeps for 2 hours in the morning, some days for 20 minutes. Lately it's been of the 20 minute variety, and then it's back to "go, go, go" until she crashes for her afternoon nap.

2. Bedtime has moved!!! Yes, we tried AGAIN - this time just cold turkey to the time we want her to go to bed (7pm) and it seems to be working. Anna now gets up somewhere in the sixes (sometimes even 7am!) versus somewhere in the fives. Very nice indeed.

3. I am now addicted to caffeine. I have never been addicted to caffeine in my life, but after drinking coffee every morning for the past several weeks (and sometimes in the afternoons too), I experienced my first caffeine headache this week after trying to abstain from a cup. I caved.

4. Cruising the furniture and people are the new thing. As is standing up hanging on to something, then letting go and falling down. Anna also likes to walk with you holding both of her hands.

5. People are Anna's favorite jungle gym. She can play for 20 minutes at a stretch just climbing and crawling all over me.

6. New sippy cup is a hit. Due to this new cup, Anna is drinking significantly more milk than before and seems to be gaining weight. Whoo hoo!

7. Anna's favorite word is "up". She will tell you "up" when she wants out of her high chair, out of the car seat, up off the floor and just about anywhere she doesn't want to be. Second favorite word is "hot"...which she says as she points to my cup of coffee every morning. I figure my caffeine habit is merely helping her improve her vocabulary.

8. Baths are now in the big person bath tub! Anna doesn't quite know what to think of this, however she can fit more toys and make bigger splashes this way.

9. Game of Chase - Anna's favorite game. She will crawl away from you and then turn around, look at you, laugh and make sure you chase her. This provides for many minutes of entertainment.

10. Her parents are TIRED. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love the new look of the blog! I'm really happy to hear that her new bedtime is working out. That's such a great bedtime and wake up time! Sounds like she's a busy little bee! Can't wait to see y'all again soon!!