Tuesday, November 25, 2008

big city

Yesterday Anna and I spent the morning at a new indoor play place that opened up near our home. Modeled after the "city" room at the Children's Museum, this place is geared for imaginative play. It is set up with a firetruck, a fire alarm (that works) and fire that you get to put out, a grocery store, a post office, a car service area, a gas station, chalkboard walls and more.



We arrived the moment the doors opened, and were the first. Anna and I walked around and played with everything and soon there were more children there. Anna immediately found an older boy to latch on to and promptly asked him "What is your name? My name is Anna!", and they were fast friends. They took turns setting off the fire alarm and putting out the fire 100 times over.


At first I was nervous that Anna wouldn't have as much fun after she had tried everything once. But, I need not worry, as she had a blast and didn't want to leave 2.5 hours later when it was time to go for lunch. I have a feeling we'll be back this winter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like lots of hours of fun and I'm glad Anna enjoyed it so much. This is the perfect prescription for a cold, snowy, winter day.
How wonderful is that!