Last week Anna and I made a trip to Target for her to pick out her toy. She completed her potty training sticker chart and was ready to reap her reward. We strolled down every aisle, Anna commenting on the things that caught her eye. As we walked by this little keyboard, she stopped and nearly jumped out of the cart. "I want that mommy!". I showed it to her and then told her to keep it in mind and that we would see if there was anything else she wanted more. After we had perused every aisle, Anna declared that it was the piano that she wanted and I agreed. It was under $15 and it's an instrument afterall!
Since then Anna can be found composing music with her baby Katherine, or singing loudly as she "plays" Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and other medleys. Sweet rewards!

Since then we haven't made another sticker chart. She is going strong on the potty, and consistently wearing her big girl undies - even for long outings during the day. Pull-ups are saved for naps and nighttime. For now it doesn't seem we need to use incentives anymore for this...we may start a sticker chart to promote some other behaviors, but we'll see!
2 comments:
Anna has demonstrated her love for music, singing and dancing for many months. This will add to that joy and I hope some day she and Nana can play a piano duet. Music is fun, soothes the soul and provides many opportunities for enjoyment. Practice lots, Anna.
What a great success in behavior training.....you, Steve, and Anna did a great job. Sounds like you are on your way and will have a breather from diapers for a few months!
Post a Comment