Last Wednesday morning after Anna went on the potty I simply told her that the M&M's were all gone. I told her that she had done such a good job that we ran out, and instead she could pick out a sticker from her art drawer. She proudly displayed one on her shirt without protest and as she ate her breakfast I quickly drew up a sticker chart.
Since then we have awarded stickers as my friend Andrea suggested, and when Anna fills up all 50 squares she has been told that we can go to the store and she can pick out a toy or game or book of her choice (with a $ limit of course!). In over a week we have had only 1 true accident. The rest of the time she has spent in her new underwear and she still gets excited to tell me (and everyone else around her) that she went on the "big girl potty". We even have made multiple long outings away from home in just regular underwear without issue.
As you can see...the sticker chart is filling up!
My thought is to fill this one & then make one more with at least twice as many squares, with a similar incentive. Once that one is complete it will have been a few months of no diapers and we can move away from the charts. Per your advice, we will not tackle naps or nighttime for awhile. I think Anna is one that has no control while she sleeps and therefore it's not worth the attempt. We simply encourage her to use the bathroom before nap and before bed, and upon waking and leave it at that. There are times she is dry when she wakes from her nap, but nothing is consistent quite yet.
All in all, I think things are going quite well!
------------------------------------------------------------
And then there is baby Moses. I must say that I apologize in advance to this dear, sweet baby if it is a girl because it has been referred to as a he and as Moses for so many months now I cannot stray! Rest assured though, that will not be it's real name!
After a fun and active weekend, baby Moses gave me a bit of trouble yesterday. Nothing serious, but uncomfortable enough that I called and they requested that I come in to be seen. Baby has been very active - legs and arms flailing all over the place, each kick and jab getting stronger with the passing days. I was able to hear it's heartbeat - the loudest and strongest I have heard it yet...beating at 147bpm.
Each time I go in they measure my uterus to get a sense for the size of the baby. Typically you should measure the same number of centimeters as the number of weeks you are. When I was in for my last appointment I measured right at 28 cm, and I was just about 28 weeks. This time I measured 31 cm, about a week ahead of where I am. I figured this might be the case and that the added pressure and discomfort I am feeling is likely due to a growth spurt. I anticipate that when I return in 2 more weeks I will be right back on track again.
Everything looked good, I was just told to try to lay down and get my feet up when I can throughout the day - not an easy feat when chasing after a 2 year old - and that walking on the treadmill probably should be postponed. So, I have invested in a new book to keep me occupied during her naps and will force myself to rest a bit more.
My next appt is the day after Thanksgiving - at which time we will host our baby contest! A real contest, with a real prize! Stay tuned...
1 comment:
I was glad to see your update the other day. I was glad you checked things out and all was ok....
Love, Granka
Post a Comment