Saturday, November 8, 2008

couldn't resist

Before Anna was born, I spent a lot of time making lists of the things we would need to care for a new baby. I read books about baby development, pregnancy and the birth process. My nesting took on the form of preparing the nursery, attending showers, washing clothes, and getting everything set up.

As those of you with children know, it's different the second time around. So much is already done. Most of the "unknowns" are knowns. And not knowing the gender of this baby means there is really not a whole lot for me to do in order to prepare. The nursery is ready - that happened in the first few months that we found out we were expecting again. I was just a little excited! Clothes are washed, the essentials have been dug out of storage. We are nearly ready.

With the exception of some long-sleeved onesies, I have avoided purchasing or even looking at clothing for the new baby. I know that if it is a girl there are bins of clothes waiting in the basement to be worn again. And if it is a boy as I suspect, we will need a color other than pink in his wardrobe.
Last night I gave in. I have been eyeing up this snowsuit for weeks now - thinking "maybe" and then finally rationalizing my purchase with the knowledge that it will be cold when this baby is born and he or she is going to need something warm to ride home in. Oh yes, and I had a coupon. The warm and softness of this impractically white number called to me and I couldn't resist. So much so that not only did I have to buy it, I had to share it:

Now just imagine our new little bundle of joy all cozy in there, and well, I can hardly wait! Only 11 weeks to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Moses or Emmalou. Which ever of you come home in this new snow suit will be the joy of our life.