Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I wish...


There are things I wish would stay this way forever.

I wish you would always fit snug into my arms, so I could cover all of you with me in a big bear hug.

I wish that my kisses would always be enough to make an owie all better and soothe your crying heart.

I wish that I could always sit with you and read story after story, your attention captured.

I wish in future years that you will always be as easy to please as you are now - this morning you actually said "thank you mommy for making a good waffle". Oh Anna, if you only knew.

I wish you would always look at me with love in your eyes.

I wish you always know how much you mean to me, my darling daughter.

2 comments:

PATRICK said...

Having only perspective of you as a Sister throughout my life, it's so fun to watch the two of you grow up together - as a daughter and as a mother. It's obvious already that you two will share something so incredible and special throughout your lives.

Anonymous said...

Somtimes I wish you could stay "almost 2" for many more months.
...and I wish you would always want to talk to Nana & Papa on the phone, even when you are older.
You are a blessing in our lives!