When Anna was much younger, I remember spending many a morning in line at the local Caribou or Starbucks seeking a coffee laced with sugar, chocolate and lots of caffeine since my little alarm clock had me in line somewhere in the 5's. That's 5am for you late sleepers. Those trips were my way of getting through those early mornings - so I could make it to her morning nap.
Fast forward over a year later and here I am with my alarm clock ringing "Mommy, WAKE UP!" "Mommy, Daddy, come get you!" "Mommy, Anna wanna go downstairs NOW" at the hour of 6:01am. This may seem like progress - at least it's not the 5's - but in fact it is not. For so long we were in the 7's, 6:45 was early. I had time to shower and then meet my little one for breakfast. Now, not only are we teetering on the edge of the 5's again, but I am without my beloved coffee. Of course I probably could have a cup - but the irony is that the taste and the smell of it bring on a bad case of nausea. Oh well...at least my alarm clock has a sense of humor.
If I let her cry for awhile, the attempts to get me into her room are quite funny. The cries get louder and then silent...as if waiting to hear my footsteps toward the door. Then the pleas of hunger begin. "Anna wanna eat breffast now!". If that doesn't work, she will then try "Anna have poopy diaper!" That used to get me running...but I quickly found out it was only a ploy. Her last resort is then to pull at the doorstop, making a loud "brrrrrr" sound, over and over until I arrive.
I am hoping this is a phase, brought on by the fact that she is getting 2 of her bottom teeth at the same time (yeah! finally!), with her 4 eye teeth soon to follow. Something tells me it has more to do with the fact that she just wants to play, so I better find a new source of energy since my liquid version is out of the picture for now. I guess it's practice again for #2!
No comments:
Post a Comment