While we have not found out (and won't) whether our baby is a boy or a girl, Anna is convinced that it is a baby boy in my tummy and that we will in fact name him baby Moses. I agree with her on half of that statement...I too think this bump above houses a little boy. Today was our 16 week appointment, and all went well. A few minutes after entering the doctor's office he placed the wand on my tummy and immediately the room was filled with the sound of our baby's heartbeat. This was the first time I had heard it, since they could not find it at our 12 week appointment (but we later saw it on an ultrasound the next day). What a beautiful sound, and so reassuring that it was instantly there. No searching, no fretting. It was beating strong, loud and a healthy 155 bpm. This is significantly faster than Anna's heartbeat was...another reason why I suspect this baby is a boy. Both times his heartrate has been measured it has been in the high 150's and low 160's. Anna's was typically in the 140's or below.
It was great to have an uneventful appointment. It's almost as sweet that I have had 2 full days of feeling quite good - great, actually. To think that at our next appointment we will be half-way through with this pregnancy already! We are so grateful for this special blessing.
1 comment:
Christa You are such a special mom, baby Moses and Anna are so lucky to have you and Steve for parents.
Post a Comment