Monday, August 25, 2008

concerned big sis

If I had any doubts about Anna accepting her role as a big sister, they should be gone by now.

Me: Standing by the toaster rubbing my tummy as I waited for Anna's waffle to finish heating.
Anna: "How is baby doing this morning mommy?" in a sweet little voice
Me: "Oh Anna! That is so nice, baby is doing great!"
Anna: "Anna gonna kiss baby" (and she kisses my tummy), "and hug baby" (and she hugs my tummy)

Ahhh, I love these moments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that Anna will heap on tons of hugs and kisses once "baby Moses" arrives...and many before s/he enters this world. You have taught her to be kind, gentle and caring and she's showing once again, that she is a good learner!
How special are these moments? They get even better in time.
Thanks for sharing. We look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Anonymous said...

These are the parenting moments that make all the struggles seem like "small stuff" and you can go to bed with a smile on your face.
Grandma Mary